Pet Angels Inc. is a non-profit organization that works with the Jacksonville Animal Shelter to help defray the cost of many of our homeless animals who often come in sick or injured. We provide many extras that a city budget cannot always cover.
We are a small volunteer group funded only through membership dues and donations, all of which go directly to help our shelter animals. Pet Angels sponsors adoptions, with a discount spay or neuter certificate every second Saturday each month at the Jacksonville Animal Shelter from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. We can also be reached at:
Pet Angels, Inc.
P.O. Box 273
Jacksonville, AR 72078
Become a Member
Neuter Your Animals
15 million cats and dogs die in shelters nationwide every year. Please spay or neuter your pets.
Ten Commandments for Pet Owners
- Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I only have you!
- Talk to me, even if I don't understand the meaning of your words.
- Give me time to understand what you want from me.
- Place your trust in me, it is crucial for my well-being.
- Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
- Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
- Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.
- My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful.
- Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.
- Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "let it happen in my absence."
- Author Unknown
A Big "Thank You"
Pet Angels, Inc. and the staff of the Jacksonville Animal Shelter would like to thank veterinarians and their clinic staffs.
- Dr. Graig Boyd
- Dr. Steve Eubanks
- Dr. John Lewis
- Dr. Lee Misak
We'd also like to thank the City of Jacksonville for their tremendous support and helping promote adoptions from our animal shelter.