Martin Street Youth Center
- Basketball Court
- Billiard Tables
- Kuk Sool Won
- Meeting Rooms
- Table Tennis
Free meals will be served at the Youth Center for youth ages walking to 18, Monday-Friday from 330pm-430pm only. Allergy forms MUST be filled out & signed at Martin Street Youth Center.
AS OF JULY 2023, WE NO LONGER OFFER MARTIAL ART CLASSES.
A multipurpose building constructed in 1969-70 and is 5,250 square feet multipurpose building operated by the Parks and Recreation Department. The facility is open for youth ages 8-17, and there is no fee for youth to participate in the programs and services held at the center. An equipment card must be completed by a parent or guardian. Effective January 2004 the build is officially designated as a Youth Center.
- Lobby Area: Offers a wide variety of games including pool tables, ping pong tables, foosball, PS4, and much more.
- Lobby Area and Meeting Rooms are available for rent for birthday parties, baby showers, receptions, dinners, and much more.
Available during regular scheduled operating hours and is based on a four-hour time limit.
- Commercial (Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc.): $75
- Noncommercial (Wedding/baby showers, birthday parties, etc.): $50
Available after business hours.
- Dinners, Family Reunions, Banquets , etc.: $150 for deposit & $150 for rental
- Dances or Teen Parties (Must be familiar with guidelines. Security will be required.): $250 for deposit & $250 for rental
|Monday - Thursday||2:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||2:30 p.m. - 5 p.m.||9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m. - 4 p.m.||11 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Note: Monday - Friday the Rec is open at 9 a.m., when school is out.
For Holiday Hours go to:
Youth Event Guide
All events scheduled at the Martin Street Recreation Center that will be attended primarily by youth ages 13-21 are required to adhere and agree to the following policies:
- An adult at least age 21 or older with a valid Arkansas driver’s license must make the reservation. This person also accepts responsibility and liability for the event.
- There must be at least one adult, with a Driver's License, for every ten participants. A list of sponsors for these events will be required with name and phone number before the event takes place.
- The Jacksonville Police Department will be notified of all events.
- At least three local off duty police officers must be hired for security. Rate of pay is determined by JPD. Officers must be present for the entire time of the event. This must be paid in cash in advance. The individual making the reservation is responsible for scheduling the officers. Only JPD officers allowed (501-982-3191).
- The event must be paid in full in advance according to arrangements made at time of booking. Security/Damage fee must also be paid one week prior to the day of the event.
These policies are in addition to regular User Guidelines and Policies. All guidelines are in place to assure a successful event for both your party and this department.
2023 Summer Super Youth Winner - Ma'leah!
Congratulations to Ma'leah for winning this prestigious award! She stood out among all of her peers by displaying all around good behavior, participating in daily activities and good sportsmanship. Way to go!