THE JACKSONVILLE COMMUNITY CENTER
The Jacksonville Community Center was officially opened April 10, 1995. The Center is an award winning 56,000 sq. ft. facility operated by the Parks and Recreation Department. It is the Arkansas Recreation & Parks Association 1995 Facility of the Year, a 1995 Community Development Awards Program winner, and received the 2000 Governor's Leadership in Fitness Award.
- #5 Municipal Drive
- Community Center, 56,000 sq. ft. (opened March, 1995, $3.4 million)
- Indoor Pool
- Two Racquetball Courts
- Fitness Mezzanine
- Exercise Classroom
- Walking Track (indoor & outdoor)
- Banquet Hall with Stage (5,500 sq. ft.)
- Meeting Room with Kitchen (1,500 sq. ft.)
- Department Offices
* Fitness Area: Offers a variety of activities for all ages and physical abilities. This part of THE CENTER includes a full hardwood floor gymnasium with two side courts striped for basketball and volleyball, plus an aerobics classroom. A Fitness Mezzanine includes a walking track overlooking the gym floor, an assortment of cardiovascular equipment (stair masters, treadmills, recumbent and upright bicycles), plus a complement of weight/resistance equipment. Two racquetball courts complete the fitness area. Personal assistance is available at all times. Individual personal trainers are available for an extra charge, scheduled individually.
* Child Sitting: Limited child sitting is available in the evenings. Cost is $2.00 per child per hour, with a maximum of two hours. Child leaves when parent leaves.
* Aquatics Area: Features a heated 25-yard, six lane pool. Water depth in the L-shaped pool varies from 2.5 - 9.0 feet. Water aerobics, instructional classes and a swim team program are among the activities offered.
* Meeting Area: With 6,500 sq. ft. of meeting space, THE CENTER is suitable for a myriad of events. The Banquet Hall includes a stage and will accommodate up to 500. The Meeting Room has a kitchen, and a capacity of 130. Both rooms can be divided into smaller areas. Reasonable rates, free front door parking, and easy access make it THE CENTER of activity.
* Hours of Operation:
Scheduled Classes and Activities:
- Monday -- Thursday...............6:00 am -- 9:00 pm
- Friday........................................6:00 am -- 6:00 pm
- Saturday...................................8:00 am -- 5:00 pm
- Sunday..............................…....Noon -- 5:00 pm
Meetings and Special Functions: The Meeting Room, Banquet Hall, Pool and Gymnasium are available for rental during and beyond the normal hours of operation of THE CENTER. Special arrangements will be made with individual groups according to need when the reservation is finalized.
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE JP&R HOME PAGE