Rules of Garbage Pickup
The City of Jacksonville offers once a week curbside household garbage pickup.If you have questions, call 501-982-0686. Review the following rules of pickup:
- All household garbage must be placed curbside by 7 a.m. on your scheduled pickup date.
- Carts should be positioned at the curb, approximately 3 feet from any other objects.
- Carts on major highways may be placed 6 to 8 feet from the roadway to prevent traffic from blowing them over.
- Do not leave your carts curbside after collection where they may be stolen or damaged.
- An additional cart may be requested for an additional charge of $7 per month with a 3-month minimum.
- To find your scheduled pickup day, please refer to the Garbage Pickup Schedule.
- You can also request an additional cart.
- Flyer for Business eWaste (PDF)
- Garbage Receptacle Request
- Sanitation Schedule (PDF)
- Sanitation Guidelines (PDF)
The City of Jacksonville offers drop-off recycling of newspaper, aluminum cans, and most #1 and #2 plastic. Items also accepted at the Recycling Center at 1300 Marshall Road include: catalogs, telephone directories, and office paper. The Recycle Center is open Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. till 5 p.m.
If you are interested in recycling contact Public Works Department at 982-0686.
Yard Waste / Landfill
The City of Jacksonville offers once-a-week yard waste pickup, and once-a-week landfill pickup. Landfill items will be collected on your regular scheduled sanitation day, unless a holiday falls within that week. To find your scheduled yard waste pickup date, please refer to the Yard waste Schedule (PDF). For more information please call 501-982-0686.